ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The VS-Series flush doors are designed to meet the international requirements for extra heavy duty to maximum duty
full flush doors. Vertically Stiffened doors are designed for high frequency and severe traffic openings used for exterior
or interior applications, where rigidity is of high importance.
As described by HMMA / NAAMM – USA (National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers-United States of America):
“Steel Stiffened core doors feature steel ribs in the interior of the door and are ideal for high traffic situations where
durability and security are important”.
Spaces between stiffeners are insulated with Fiberglass to the full height of the door.
Standard infill thickness 50 mm of nominal density 24 Kg/m3.
- Thermal Conductance (50 mm): U = 0.123 Btu/hr.ft2.ºF. (ASTM C177).
- Thermal Resistance: R-Factor = 8.11 hr.ft2.ºF/Btu. (ASTM C518-63T).
- Combustibility: None / IMO Resolution-ASTM E 136-82, BS 476 Part 4, ISO R1182.
- Seamless design.
- Rock wool core infill.
- Beveled or flush welded glass beads.
- Alkyd, polyurethane or epoxy RAL paint finish (factory applied).
- Non-handed reversible design.
- Vision panels, louver kits, transoms and sidelights.
SPECIFICATIONS OF COMPLIANCE
- Construction of the VS doors meets the requirements of ANSI A250.8-2003 (SDI 100) and ANSI 151.1.
- Fire Rating: Up to 3 hrs for single leaf and double leaf swing doors, listed and labeled by Intertek-Warnock Hersey according to UL 10C, UL 10B, UBC 7-2-1994/1997, NFPA 252-1995, ASTM E152-81a, CAN4-1980, ISO 3008, BS EN 1634-1and BS 476 Part 20.
- Level “A” grade in accordance with ANSI A 250.4 test procedures.